Most people have very similar concerns about dental health and hygiene – we all want to take good care of our smiles! Here at “Ask Dr. Stanfield,” I’ve compiled answers to many of the most common questions I get from my patients. I hope they help you make smart choices about your dental health.
Just click on the question you’d like an answer to and you’ll see my response.
• What current guidelines for sterilization and safety do you follow?
• What kind of dental floss should I use? Is it okay to use flossers and/or flossing tools?
• What is the deal with all these kinds of toothpastes? How do I choose the right one?
• What is the best way to whiten (bleach) my teeth? Does a light help?
• What will happen to my tooth-colored fillings and crowns if I bleach my teeth?
• Why are toothpastes “for sensitive teeth” good to use?
• What should I do for mouth ulcers?
• Can women's hormones cause canker sores?
• When should I get a new toothbrush?
• What is the best toothbrush?
• Do all mouthwashes reduce plaque?
• What causes tooth sensitivity and how is it treated?
• How can I get rid of this constant metallic taste in my mouth?
• Is there a price difference between metal fillings and other types of fillings?
If you would like more information about our dental services, we welcome your questions. Dr. Charles Stanfield, DDS, is conveniently located near the corner of Highway 68 and Penny Road in High Point, NC, in the Deep River Pointe Office Center within the Penny Lake Business Park. Call us today at (336) 884-8989 to make an appointment.